The portable propane stove is an essential piece of gear for any camper. Everyone should have a portable propane stove for camping.
Even if you have an RV equipped with a stove, a portable stove will prove to be very handy. On those hot summer days when the temperature makes cooking inside unbearable, it’s good to have the option to cook outside.
If you are taking a day trip away from your base camp. No need to pay for expensive meals in fast food restaurants. You can set up your portable stove on a picnic table in a park or rest area and enjoy a hot meal.
For those us who believe camping is best in a tent, then a cook stove is a near necessity. Every well equipped camper should have a portable propane stove for camping.
In this article, I am going to show you the Coleman Triton Propane Stove. This is a great little stove, lightweight, durable and stylish. It is well suited for camping and many other outdoor cooking applications.
Coleman, a Trusted Name for Camping Gear
You know the Coleman name. Coleman is one of the most trusted names in camping and outdoor equipment. The Coleman Company started over a century ago making portable lanterns.
As camping grew in popularity, Coleman responded making many of the things essential to a good camping experience. Their products included tents, sleeping bags, coolers and an array of other camping or outdoor gear. One of their most popular products has been their portable stoves.
Coleman has been manufacturing portable stoves since the 1930s
Several generations of campers are familiar with the two burner Coleman stove in the familiar green metal case.
Coleman stoves now come in colors other than green. The Triton model featured in this article comes in black. Although the colors have changed, the Coleman quality and reliability have remained.
Coleman Triton – A Portable Propane Stove for Camping
The Coleman Triton Stove has a beautiful, sleek design. It weighs about ten pounds, so it is easy to carry, Its large cook top is ample space for a 12 inch and 10 inch pan side by side. Each of its two burners has its own control knob, so you can adjust the heat for each burner independently.
Other features include:
- Wind Block panels help shield burners from wind and adjust for various pan sizes
- This helps you cook in most wind conditions. If you ever tried to cook outside when it is windy, you know how frustrating it can be. These adjustable flaps really help. If the winds are really high, or really swirling, then you will still encounter difficulty. That’s the nature of cooking outside.
- PerfectFlow technology provides consistent performance, even in extreme conditions.
- PerfectHeat technology for more efficient cooking with less fuel.
- This is Coleman’s engineering and it means the stove will deliver efficient heat with maximum fuel efficiency
- Instastart push-button ignition and dial in your heat with the two independently adjustable burners.
- The push button infighter means you won’t have to fumble with matches or lighters.
- Durable, chrome-plated grate is removable for easy cleaning
- Aluminized steel cook top for durable rust-resistance
- Large rugged latch for secure storage and transport
- Lasts up to 1 hour with both burners on high on one 16.4-oz propane cylinder (sold separately)
- Large enough for one 12 and one 10 Inches pans plus room to stow the griddle.
- The griddle is optional and sold separately. It is great for cooking eggs, french toast, bacon and many other foods that can be cooked on a flat surface.
- 22,000 total BTUs.
- That’s 11,000 BTUs per burner. The Coleman Classic Propane Stove typically delivered 10,000 BTU’s per burner.
- Perfect for camping, hunting, tailgating and other outdoor occasions
- The Triton comes with a three-year limited warranty.
The Coleman Triton is Versatile and Truly Portable
The Triton is very simple to set up. The cooking surface lifts off quickly for easy cleaning. Out of the box the Triton uses 16.2 oz Propane Cylinders making your propane stove easy to take along for tailgating, on a picnic, to the beach, and of course, for camping.
It is great to have one of these stoves even when you are not camping. You never know when your power will be knocked out by a storm or other disaster. Having a Triton Propane Stove and some propane cylinders will keep you eating hot meals until the power is back on.
Remember, the Coleman Triton, and all propane stoves, emit carbon monoxide gas when burning. Never use propane cookers indoors. Read and follow all manufacturer instructions.
You can cook several meals with just one cylinder, however it is always a good idea to have an extra one on hand. You can also buy the optional Coleman 5 foot Propane Hose and Adapter and connect your Triton to your 20 or 30 lb propane tank.
The Coleman Triton is the Perfect Propane Stove for Camping
Whether you are preparing a full course meal, or just heating water for coffee or tea, this stove will give you great, efficient cooking is a stylish cabinet that is easy to fold up and carry.
In addition, you have the Coleman name, a name synonymous with quality and reliability for over a century. Your Triton Propane Gas Stove will give you a good, versatile cook stove that will last for years. It is likely to become one of your favorite camping appliances.
Cooking in the Great Outdoors
Camping is all about fun in the outdoors. Some favorite times for every group of campers is meal time. Its good to know that yo have the versatility and reliability of a good cook stove, one that is also durable and stylish.
You can’t go wrong with a Coleman Triton, a great propane stove for camping.
I have included links in the article and below. You can click on these and they will take you to Amazon where you can order your Coleman Triton.
Do you have a cook stove? Do you have any questions about the Coleman Triton. Leave me a message in the comment box below and I will answer it shortly.